With the Winter months rolling in and the temperature having dropped drastically as of late (AKA the time of year when I have to sit in my car for a good ten minutes for the ice to defrost) this is definitely my favourite warming go-to dinner at the moment!
This is by far my favourite meal at the moment. It is absolutely heavenly. It’s from Deliciously Ella’s cookbook, which my Mum makes a lot. However, since I was having ever-so-slight withdrawal symptoms, I just had to make it for myself! The combination of the creamy coconut milk, aubergines and butternut squash makes for a really melt-in-your-mouth kind of dish and the ginger adds a lovely warming kick. Plus, the chickpeas transform it into a hearty and filling meal. I always find myself coming back for seconds!
- 2 x 400ml tins coconut milk
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2cm-3cm (about 1in) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 large butternut squash, about 1kg (2¼ lb)
- 2 medium aubergines, about 600g (22oz) total
- handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 teaspoons brown miso paste
- brown rice, to…
View original post 230 more words